What Is Black Seed?
What is Black Seed (Nigella Sativa)?
Black Seed comes from the Nigella Sativa plant and has for thousands of years been considered as a miracle cure for a diverse range of ailments. In general, Black Seed helps the body to fight infections, balance the immune system and minimise allergic reactions.
- Allergy management.
- Skin and hair support.
- Blood sugar and obesity management.
- Respiratory health.
Black Seed Antioxidants
Black Seed has been used for many centuries as a medicine and has proven invaluable in the maintenance of health and well-being. Its potency has been ascribed to its antioxidant properties and to an array of vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids that are thought to work in combination, producing a synergic effect on a wide range of conditions.
It is well known that antioxidants play an essential role in the body as they neutralise free radicals, limiting cellular damage and helping to maintain the health of tissues and organs. Laboratory studies indicate that Hab Shifa Black Seed Oil has more than double the antioxidant capacity of superfoods, for example blueberries and pomegranates, and more than triple that of goji berries.
Proven Scientific Evidence for Black Seed
With plenty of scientific research to support the health effects of Black Seed, it is fast becoming a popular supplement for many Australians. Research published to date in the fields of gastroenterology, immunology, respiratory health, obesity and blood sugar management suggest that the historical reputation of Black Seed as a medicinal plant with the potential to aid many different health problems is well founded.
Hab Shifa Black Seed Products
The Hab Shifa Black Seed Oil is cold pressed in Australia from organically grown Black Seeds and we are Australia’s leading manufacturer and distributor of premium Black Seed products (TGA approved).
All our Black Seed products are produced and packaged under strict pharmaceutical conditions in Australia and as an Australian-made product, we also have the advantage of scheduling multiple production runs throughout the year, providing our customers with the freshest Black Seed Oil available.
- Premium Black Seed Oil Products
- Made and packaged in Australia
- Listed by the TGA
- Beneficial effects supported by scientific research
Uses of Black Seed in food
Black Seeds have a slightly bitter flavour and can be toasted to release their essential oils. They can also be ground and added to many dishes, such as curries or casseroles or even added to breads (particularly flat breads).
Black Seeds are also one of the ingredients in Five Spice (panch phoran), commonly used in Indian recipes (cumin, brown mustard, fenugreek, black seeds and fennel).
Benefits of Hab Shifa Black Seed Products
The Hab Shifa Black Seed Oil products are backed by more than 30 years of research, including specialised access to experts in the field and in-house studies to ensure that Hab Shifa uses the most potent Black Seeds available, and grown under the very best conditions.
We follow the journey of our Black Seeds from their first cultivation in the farmers’ fields in India, through the extraction process and packaging in Australia. Hab Shifa maintains close contact with our farmers who practice sustainable farming and we conduct routine visits to their farms.
All our products are produced in HACCP approved, state-of-the-art facilities in Australia, using advanced extraction techniques to guarantee the best quality and the highest nutritional values in our products. • Australian owned and operated company.
- Organic and GMO-free seeds grown using sustainable practices.
- All products are produced in Australia in a HACCP approved facility.
- Pesticide free and non-irradiated seeds.
- Advanced extraction methods to ensure quality products.
- We do not use chemicals or solvents in our extraction methods.
- High in Thymoquinone (TQ), which is unique to Black Seed.
- TQ has been shown to be responsible for many of the health promoting characteristics of Black Seed Oil.
- We routinely visit our farms in India to oversee the growing season.
- We oversee the entire process from the farm to packaging in Australia.
- Sold in 3000+ pharmacies and health food stores in Australia.
- Proven to be of benefit for many significant illnesses.